Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hawaiian dress shirt

 Spring has certainly arrived here in Anchorage, Alaska.  During the day we reach temperatures in the high 30s and low 40s so the snow that built up all winter long is slowly disappearing.  But at night, it gets down to the teens, so I would not call it warm quite yet.  From what people tell me, this has been a mild winter and spring has arrived a bit early.  I think the lower 48 sucked up the cold snowy weather that belongs up here.  But what do I know?  It is just my first year here and I spent most of the winter down in Georgia.



On Saturday, we enjoyed the Spring weather by going to the Eagle River nature center to hear a class on local woodpeckers and then went on a walk to enjoy the park and see some actual woodpeckers and the holes they have created in trees along the path.  It was a gorgeous clear day, but the trail was a bit treacherous with lots of ice caused by the snow melting and then refreezing into a slick sheet covering the path.




Also this weekend I have been spending my time finishing up the kids' Easter outfits.  Eli's was especially fun because he picked out a wild Hawaiian print fabric.  I guess the long winter has go to him and he wants to dream of a warmer climate.


I used the same burdastyle boy's dress shirt pattern shown HERE and HERE but this time I had to make it two sizes bigger.  He has been shooting up this winter and those flannel versions are getting quite short on him.



Because Spring is still quite chilly and Summer could be a long ways off, I kept it a long sleeve shirt.
And I am getting better with the cuffs and am quite proud of how expertly I have sewn this one.  But it is my 4th time using this pattern so I really should be getting good at it.


I have written an official review of it over at Sew Cool for the Tween Scene because it does come in sizes for older boys.  If you would like to read about the details of the pattern, head over THERE.

If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!


6 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a fantastic job.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. His choice of fabric is so cool! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool! I will have to check out that pattern, looks like a great dress shirt for older boys! I love this weeks Project Run and Play theme! I linked up a beachy outfit! Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great look! I'd love to see you join us this week at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hawaiian shirt Store for sale provides hundreds of hawaiian shirts . We are biggest retail and wholesale of hawaiian shirts to ship worldwide. red hawaiian shirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog, Get an affordable website designing services by OGEN Infosystem in Delhi, India.
    Website Designing Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips