Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Classic with a twist"

Yesterday and today have been snow days in Georgia.  Actually, "ice day" would be more like it.   There is a lot more ice outside than snow and it is weighing down the trees and causing large branches to break. The roads are closed and work was canceled.

I definitely did not object and spent the day sewing a blouse.  I packed not only my sewing machine for this prolonged stay in Georgia, but also a bunch of fabric from my stash.  The fabric I used for this blouse was actually given to me by a friend in Germany and I did not have a project planned for it but really liked it.

At Project Sewn, this week is Pink Week and since this is the only pink fabric I had sitting around I picked it up.
I choose to use a pattern (#122) from my BurdaStyle Winter 2014 magazine I bought in November.  It actually was the debut U.S. version of BurdaStyle.  It differs from other BurdaStyle patterns/magazines in that the patterns come with seam allowances.


The blouse has interesting flaps on the shoulders.  They serve no function, but look pretty cool.  Burda describes the blouse as "classic with a twist".  If you don't like the flaps, they could easily not be skipped.

All in all, the pattern is pretty easy and I would like to make another in a solid color.  What I like about this blouse is that it is very wearable.  Often I sew items that I really love, but are not terribly practical for every day life.  This blouse is casual enough for daily wear.



If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips