I (Major Moma) have always loved animal prints and it is a good thing that they are frequently in fashion in various forms. This year, I have seemed to have a special fascination with zebra prints as I have made items with them here, here, here, and here.
And now, here I go again. This time I am using more of the ITY knit I used for Abi's zebra shirt I made for her fall clothing line.
|Silly pose... really, how am I supposed to pose for these pictures?|
This shirt is sewn up using the Pullover 11/2012 #128 pattern. It is a tunic style knit shirt with a deep scoop neck and long cuffs. It has two different lengths of bands on the bottom hem creating this side detail. (There is another version, #129 without the bands.) The back band is longer than the front. Burda patterns, in general, come with sparse instructions and no seam allowances. This was no exception. But, the instructions it had were straight forward and I have sewn long enough that this simple top was not confusing at all.
There was one new (to me) technique used for this top. The neck line is finished with bias tape. The pattern had me sew one shoulder seam and then finish the edge of the neckline with bias tape. Then, you sew the second shoulder seam. The rest of the construction is fairly standard.