Sunday, August 5, 2012

The quest continues ...

I made another pair of pants.  To fix the baggyness problem in the last one, I adjusted the pattern a bit.  I came in more at the yolk at the back and adjusted the way I sewed the front crotch seem and the fly.  I also, at Abi's request, made them a straight leg version. 

Here are my results:





They turned out pretty cute but there is still some distortion in the front.  According to Vogue Sewing, I need to lengthen the crotch more.  So, next I will use some scrap fabric and make just the hip portion of the pants and see if that is what it will take.

Some of you may be wondering why I am working so hard on custom pants and not buying a pattern.  Well, Abi has a shape that is much different than the patterns.  She would wear a size 10 (girls) for the length but her waist is the size of her baby sister's (see the cute girl who snuck into the picture).  She is long and leggy and clothes never fit her quite right.  But it dawned on me, I can do this.  Why would she need to wear ill fitting clothes, I can make her ones that fit!



Despite the distortion, Abi likes this pair.  She said she will definitely wear them and she really likes the welt pockets with chunky zippers.

On a different note, any of you planning on participating in Inspiration Point?  I was working on mine yesterday and hope to finish it this week.  Remember, you don't have to sew to play along.  Any creative endevour is allowed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips